During one of the many networking events I was attending, someone asked me the question that’s on every one’s mind when they meet a Marketing Communication Agency, “Why do I need an agency? I can just hire one person and they will do all the stuff”. I get asked this question many times. I fully understand where they are coming from. The reasons could be different – some want more control on what gets posted and many look at cost benefits. The office receptionist sometimes doubles up as a Social Media account admin.
In a recent study shared on Entrepreneur.com on 7 mistakes UAE brands make, the results were startling. Something as basic as websites are not optimized, there is no proper marketing strategy, no mobile friendly approach, lack of personalization, lack of measurement, overlooking paid media advertising and lack of testing and experimentation. As an organization, the question one asks is whether you are ready for the new world internally or should you hire experts.
Your marketing needs could be any of the following. It may be mix of some of them or all of them at various stages of company growth. This applies to both B2C and B2B.
- Marketing Strategy
- Brand development and Management
- Email campaigns
- Blogging and Copywriting
- Social Media Management
- Creative photo, audio and video services
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Lead Management
- Performance Marketing/Advertising
But what are the benefits of hiring experts?
- Team of experts under one roof – Your graphic designer need is for just 15 creatives in a month. You need to run a social media campaign, but do not know where to start. Then, somehow you manage to put the ad. But you are clueless how to analyze if it’s going the right way, is there a need for course correction. There are bits and pieces of multiple things that make a great marketing execution for a brand. An agency can bring all that expertise under one roof – be it a graphic designer, copy writer, analytics or a branding expert.
- Cross domain experience – Sometimes the knowledge of the category you are in can be helped with an input of strategy or content development of a completely different category. Only an agency can bring that cross functional experience and knowledge base
- Latest digital tools – Social media and the digital landscape is changing every day. The algorithms change, FB introduces Pixel to track conversion, Pinterest releases business tools and the list goes on. This is just the tip of the iceberg. All new tools are to make get better returns on your effort. An agency keeps pace and trains itself to use the latest tools. It can be more agile. Its ongoing optimization.
- No more staff management problems – Brands don’t go on leave, but people do. An agency never goes on leave. It’s always on standby. Your content pipeline doesn’t stop. Your activity stops for a certain period, FB and Google organic growth slows down. All those months of work goes to waste by just that staff holiday. No more hiring issues. Rather stay with team that has experience. Employee turnover isn’t an issue too.
- Better output – As an organization your primary focus is to better sales, product development and drive customer adoption. Having an agency who works with you who are experts in their domain helps having a structured approach to marketing rather than just some basic social pages. Objectives are defined and executions are planned accordingly be it B2B or B2C
- Outside in approach – While focusing on day to day makes you lose some perspective of the best ways to approach businesses. In multiple meetings, we have realized that a fresh perspective from an outside agency helps. It breathes new life into the conversations and approach to the marketing strategy