There’s no better way than using Instagram stories to make your ephemeral content work wonders in driving more user engagement and building a brand persona. But why specifically use Instagram stories you may ask? Sure, you do have options of using Facebook and Snapchat, but Instagram is where users spend time the most.
Looking for digital marketing services in Dubai?
If you want to seek professional help in nailing your social media marketing strategy, Prodigi Connect, a digital advertising agency in Dubai, has the right solutions for you. We offer bespoke digital marketing services in Dubai. Learn more about our services like social media management and brand management at https://www.prodigiconnect.com/services-2/.
Meanwhile, we have shared some simple yet effective tips on getting your Instagram Stories right:
1) Teasers of new products/service: Teasers of a soon-to-be-released product or a peek into an upcoming event are a great way to pique the interest of the audience. If you want to drive an in-depth awareness about your new products/services, teasing them on Instagram Stories is one of the best options. A teaser catches the attention of the users and drives the number of likes.
Instagram Stories is by default a hype portal; you can highlight one or two killer features of your new products/services and let your followers spread the word.
2) Product demonstrations: One of the many reasons why consumers do not opt for a particular product after seeing the ad is they don’t properly understand the functionalities, features, and benefits. Instagram Stories is the perfect feature to educate your followers about your existing and upcoming products. This way, users can look at your offerings from a new perspective.
3) Behind the scenes highlights: People are curious when it comes to what’s happening behind the curtains. Instagram Stories is the perfect place to give them what they want. Plus, giving your customers a peep behind the curtains helps you create an image of honesty and build customer loyalty.
Engaging behind-the-scenes content such as a glimpse of your production team working on a photo shoot make your followers feel like insiders.
4) Q&A sessions: Asking questions to your followers is undoubtedly one of the best ways to engage with them. Make sure to plan a mixed bag of questions; do not focus only on your brand and products. You also need to be curious about knowing your followers.
Conduct Q&A sessions at least once a week. One of the best ways to make the most out of this approach is to let your followers share their burning concerns. Prepare a list of such questions and have the representative of the company answers them in a high-quality video.
5) Limited offers and sales: Instagram Stories is by nature ephemeral; you can use this intrinsic character of the feature to create more urgency with the limited sales you’re offering. When you do so, your followers pay more attention to your content.
Also, make it easy for your followers to opt for the offers by including links (mainly the ‘swipe-up’ gesture).
6) Latest happenings: It’s no surprise that news generally goes viral on social media and the trends last from days to weeks. Also, most users tend to comment on the trending stories, making them more viral. Search for such trending topics and relate one with your products/service. Doing this will help you portray your brand as an interesting one and increase audience engagement.
7) Include a call to action (but not always): Sure, including a call to action (CTA) is a great way to encourage your followers to take action. But using it on every story can be a turn-off as you risk portraying yourself as being too sales-oriented. It’s best to avoid CTAs in content that are based on fun facts and product demonstration.